UConn Graduate Business Learning Center
100 Constitution Plaza
Hartford, CT 06103
Who Should Attend
Hands-On Lean Business Process Improvement provides individuals at all levels of an organization, from the top-down and the bottom-up, with a solid foundation for using Lean to improve business processes.
How You Will Benefit
What is the value of attending the course?
At the completion of Hands-On Lean Business Process Improvement, participants will be able:
- To explain Lean concepts and express how their appropriate use can benefit customers and stakeholders
- To identify waste and flow problems in business processes
- To describe and follow a structured roadmap to improve business processes
- To choose the right tool for the right task at the right time
- To clearly and passionately communicate the value of Lean to improve business processes
What knowledge and skills will you learn?
Hands-On Lean Business Process Improvement addresses many questions, including:
- What is Lean?
- Why is Lean the foundation for process improvement?
- How can Lean improve business processes?
- What is waste?
- What is flow?
- What is the DMAIC process improvement roadmap?
- What are the key Lean tools within the DMAIC roadmap?
- How and when do I use these tools?
- How do I sustain the gain?
What You Will Cover
What is the course about?
Hands-On Lean Business Process Improvement is an interactive workshop that enables participants to quickly and easily learn and use Lean to improve business processes by eliminating waste and improving flow to enhance value for customers and stakeholders.
What are the goals of the course?
Hands-On Lean Business Process Improvement is designed:
- To introduce Lean concepts and their benefits for customers and stakeholders
- To recognize opportunities for Lean to improve business processes
- To impress the importance of following a structured roadmap to improve business processes
- To explain key Lean tools to improve business processes
- To generate enthusiasm, understanding, and commitment for Lean to improve business processes
What are some special features of the course?
As the course title indicates, Hands-On Lean Business Process Improvement is “hands-on”, and promises a memorable learning experience for participants through:
- Realistic simulation of a business process challenged by excessive waste and poor flow
- Fast-paced competition between teams to become the Workshop Champion
- Interactive discussion of real and relevant examples for Lean in business
- Full-color participant guide and job aide
- Learn useful stuff, make new friends, and have fun!